Saturday 4 October 2008

How awesome . . .

How fuckin' awesome is Ingrid Pitt?!

I've recently watched The Vampire Lovers (1970), and I'm mesmerised. Do you hear me? Freakin' mesmerised. Of course, there's other words that can describe Mrs. Pitt. But, I'll try to hold onto my somewhat piss-poor sense of dignity, and leave them to your imagination. In this movie she isn't just stunning, but her character, Carmilla is also savage, deceptive, soft and somewhat gentle. She's also passionate; "I want you to love me for all your life". And extremely deadly. It's poetry, man.


With The Vampire Lovers, I also watched Vampyres (1974), another well-known lesbian vampire movie. And who doesn't love vampires? Or lesbians!?

I'll review both films shortly, but I'm planning to something more spectacular. Perhaps a week dedicated to the sub-genre?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, You know, Lesbian Vampire movies (Especially those featuring some nudity) Happen to one of my favourite genres.

There is another ace LV movie too. You've gotta know that one Voodoun ;)

M Shaw said...

Chris, you slavering hound!

Yeah, well you're watching it with me!

Anonymous said...

I hope so, If the other 2 are anything to go by. Then that one will be REALLY good ;)

M Shaw said...

Okay, so what's your favourite one then? Baring in mind that you've only got two to reflect upon.

Anonymous said...

Offt, I cant make up my mind.
Both feature little plot and lots of nudity :P

I think Vampire lover, cause the ugly naked guy aint in that one ;)

Anonymous said...

I think that other one, we finally managed to get, warrants another watch.
Maybe it was just too 'Far out' to get first time round.

And I'm all for 'having' to watch it again ;)

What was that other one you told me to look for last night? I couldnt actually remember :(