Friday 17 October 2008

Blog posts have benefits

Yeah, so on Thursday I was drowning my sorrows . . .

No, I didn't flunk a class (this time/yet), but it was my birthday. Yup, a whole other year older, and just as fuckin' stupid. And no, I'm not telling you my birthday -- and don't let the Myspace fool ya. I'm as stealthy as a ninja. A rather drunken ninja. Okay, maybe just drunken? Anyway, I'm a lady; I'm not divulging such details. However, at this rate, if I'm lucky, I'll end up as the slightly eccentric member of this bunch:

If I'm not lucky, then I'll end up like this:

Or slightly worse (heck, at least I'll have good teeth):

Anyway, the best part about birthdays is the presents -- eh, I mean the family together-ness. Obviously. Remember when I made this post, like back in the day? Well, I got what I asked for. Which just goes to show you: writing blogs does have it's perks. And if you have a lack of dignity/self respect (like I do), you too can get what you ask *cough* beg *cough* for.

Oh, and I also got the Hammer Horror boxset, which is just uber amazing. A perfect introduction to old-school British horror. If yer interested . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome . . .

M Shaw said...

You'd better believe it, man. x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, however old you are. I say we should do away with keeping our age hidden, and announce it with pride. I'm 27, and always find it funny when people ask how old I am and then immediately start backtracking in an apologetic way. I always have to reassure them that I'm happy with my age.

Having said that, I dreamt last night that I was looking at a bunch of photos of myself, and suddenly noticed that my eyes had these crazy exaggerated wrinkles - like cartoons - underneath them. Guess that's my unconscious trying to tell me I really do care...

Anyway, enjoy your movies - I'm hoping for Zombie Flesh Eaters when my next one rolls around in January.