Wednesday 8 October 2008

Dodgy DVDs

Urgh. I am an utter tit.

I spent most of today around Edinburgh/Glasgow, dragging poor and unfortunate Chris around any DVD shop I could find. Granted, he has piss-poor directional skills, and I didn't have a map, but I reckon we found every shop worthy of a second glance. Of course we were looking for films of a “certain sub-genre”", and what did we find? Not much would be putting it mildly.

Perhaps I'm somewhat deluded, but I would have thought that 70s lesbian vampire movies would be pretty popular, no? But then again, I probably think there should be an entire section-- no, fuck that! An entire shop erected in dedication. And then that would pave the way for more movies, and a stream of remakes! Not that I'd be entirely stoked about the remakes, but whatever.

Ah, but our journey wasn't entirely all doom an' gloom; we did find Vampyros Lesbos (1970), the relatively well-known Jess Franco film (If you can deem Jess Franco "well-known"). Of course, some bugger had stolen my bag and henceforth my ID (like, a year ago . . .), and I have yet to get another form of acceptable identification . . . or something. I mean, I get ID'd for everything, and being halted by the till-person for wanting to purchase a film entitled "Vampyros Lesbos" wouldn't be my crowning moment of glory. It's annoying: when I look back at films, and young, good-looking girls like myself are in trouble, often getting stopped by some stern old guy, they fall upon the: "Oh, it's for my Grandma, Sir! Please, pity my young and reckless ways!" Heck, I couldn't even do that in this situation. Plus, it was woman till-server/person. So, naturally, Chris got ushered into buying it.
PS: I've just successfully buggered my laptop. Being the genius that I am, I have managed to yank the enter button off the keyboard (I was trying to remove dust . . .) with the use of a novelty cock nail file. That's quite an important button, isn't it? Dammit.

Ignore the cartoon-woman's cheery smile; cock nail files cause nothing but trouble. Just like the real thing. Ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah well, at least our favourite sub-genre is well alive, even if they could do with some modern remakes ;)

Lindsay Lohan anyone?

xx

M Shaw said...

Yes, Rebecca, you don't have to comment. I know I'm silly for using an Ann Summers nail file as a cleaning device!