Tuesday 4 November 2008

Tuesday Trailer of the Week!

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

I have a soft spot for Wes Craven's earlier work: The Last House on the Left (1972), The Hills Have Eyes (1977), A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). Heck, I even enjoyed Deadly Friend (1986) (aside from that pretty shiteous ending. Shudder). But, The Hills Have Eyes is one of my favourites: I love the ever-present theme of normal, civilised folks becoming brutal savages in the name of survival. Love it. It's possibly why I share an interest in the nature of the Final Girl. In short, Wes Craven may put his characters through hell, but he still cares for them. He still wants them to succeed (well, Last House aside . . .)

Looking through my collection, I forgot how Goddamn repetitive these old horror trailers were -- did the majority of folk living in the 70s suffer from memory loss/the inability to read? 'Cause, jeeze-oh, I think we know the film is called "The Hills Have Eyes". Bloody hell, we've only heard it half a dozen times.

PS: Watch out for the dodgy inbred cannibal wearing a great big fuckin' 70s wig! Fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I actually prefer Craven's to the remake, even though I did enjoy the new one . . .

Anna x