Wednesday 26 November 2008

McTerminator Salvation

Yes, I think McG is an absolute stinker of a Director. But, I'm going to keep an open mind with the release of Terminator Salvation. Surely to God, it can't be worse than Rise of the Machines?

Well, I am diggin' the poster art. It looks waaaay better than it's predecessor;


Which ain't difficult. It looks like Schwarzenegger and Loken couldn't be arsed getting their photos taken, and somebody got blindingly drunk, then thought it would be pretty nifty to slap the CGI counterparts on the poster instead. No problem. Except it sucks.

I still prefer the poster for the Terminator, even if it does look like Arnold's wandered into an 80s disco.

3 comments:

wiec? said...

didn't sarah conner hide in a disco/ club place? tech noir i think it was called. everyone had mohawks and pastel blazers and were doing the funky chicken.

it's when he whips out that bad ass pistol with the scope laser pointer. i need to see the terminator. it's been awhile.

M Shaw said...

I do believe you're right.

I need to see Terminator again too. Although, I probably prefer the second one just a little bit better . . .

James Clayton said...

As far as I remember the 80s disco was called Tech Noir (it's also been a while for me).

As the worrying fact that McG is the man behind Terminator Salvation, we'll just have to wait and see. It's worth remembering that the first Terminator film is terrible, but when you've got such a strong concept and an appealing cyborg character, it doesn't necessarily matter that much.