Monday 15 December 2008

Grr Argh . . .The Graveyard Book

Yes, so I've been incredibly lax on the whole blogsphere. I normally try to do at least three posts a week or something, even if it is frequently drunken-fueled banter. My qualms about having the lack of ID is a prime example. Yes, one day I hope I can conjure the motivation to actually seek sufficient ID -- I am getting annoyed at having to rely upon friends (and blackmailing various family members) to get me booze and horror films. Sad, I know, but that's the price for having such a youthful appearance . . . sigh

I'm better keeping my trap firmly shut; no doubt thirty will hit me, and I'll look like this:





Uhuh, that's the consequence of an extended student lifestyle right there, albeit with slightly less boob sagage (well, I really do hope . . .) Man, I'm now in the mood to watch Stardust. What a wonderful film -- I do love Neil Gaiman. Speaking of, I recently read The Graveyard book, and it was a lovely read. Obviously nothing entirely deep or intense, but it was delightful -- like a dark, modern day fairy tale. The type of offbeat story which is ideal for kids and adults alike. As I'm aware, there are a variety of editions of The Graveyard Book available (yes, one isn't enough for this publication); a children's edition illustrated by Chris Riddell, an adult edition illustrated by Dave McKeane, a limited edition slipcase edition, and one bound in human skin and inked with the blood of virgins (kidding, obviously).



For more info, scoot on over to The Graveyard book website

No comments: